Monday, February 13, 2017

Poems: The Past and Blur

Poems:
All Rights Reserved

The Past

I am in love with the past
Even though I knew our time wouldn’t last
I lost a lot of loved ones in my life
But the time with them was worth the strife
I am in love with the past
And the past did not last
I must move on
And face a new dawn
It pains me to start anew
Your hold on my heart is like super glue
So I rip you from my heart
So I can give myself a new start
You have left me with a scar
I look up to the Dog Star
To find my way from the past
You destroyed my heart like a bomb blast
But I am moving to a new dawn
I must move on
I am in love with the past
But if I am to survive… it cannot last

Blur

My life passes by in a blur as I try to live by your rules
Life is not all curls and pearls
I can't live like this
Just so I can have your kiss
I am worth more than that
So I am putting away the welcome mat
My life passed me by in a blur
I don't want what we were
I could not live by your rules
Life was not curls and pearls
I loved your kisses
And I even wanted to be your missus
I am worth more than you
That is, for sure, true
Life can't pass in a blur
So I put down the liqueur
I am worth more than that
So I put way the welcome mat

No comments:

Post a Comment