Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Promise Lauren Hunter Review

The PromiseThe Promise by Lauren  Hunter

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Note I was provided this for free to review: That being said it did not effect my love for this book! I must say it has been awhile since a historical romance has caught my attention! I read this book very quickly! I loved the banter between the Duke and Lady Elizabeth and I loved the concept! True Soul mates exist and not even death can separate them. I love historical romance but a lot of modern ones have left me disappointed due to the lack of research with their time period, however Lauren Hunter's writing shows she took the time to make it accurate and believable for the time period she has written about and to me that is one of the most important aspects of historical fiction of any kind. There is a lot of back and forth between the Duke and Lady Elizabeth and even though Lady Elizabeth tries to rebuke the Duke, he is determined to win her. This all leads to a plot twist that I didn't see coming! If you are a fan of historical romance this book if for you! A very solid 5!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment