Tuesday, June 19, 2012

WASTELAND REVIEW








Bound by the blood contract his human mother signed four centuries ago, half-demon, David Sadler, must obey his demonic Master's order to capture fifteen-year-old Jessica Hanks. But as he learns more about her, he realizes she may be the key to freedom from his dark enslavement.

The only obstacle--Jessica's distractingly beautiful Guardian, Rebeka Abbott. He must not give in to their steamy chemistry, or he will lose his humanity. But fresh off a quarter millennia of sensory deprivation as punishment for not retrieving his last target, he may not be able to resist temptation long enough to save what's left of his human soul.







I want to start off with saying this is the first for me with the New Adult, or at least a book that called itself New Adult. And I loved this book. I LOVED this book. I am surprised actually how much I liked it. Though I write about demons, vampires, zombies and stuff like that (Shameless Self Plug here sorry) In fact my new book (out fall of 2012 in the process of polishing up my first draft) has to do with Demons, half demons, and the sort, but back to the story at hand. I don't like to read about them. I will watch a vampire T.V. show, a werewolf one, I usually give on them though... I think BTVS and Angel are the ones I really still like to watch and watched all of them.  This book reminds me a bit of that Buffy style.  Not because they are boring or anything mind you, it is just I get bored with them because I live in my own world with these creatures. But I give everything a chance and I will not say anything about them until I finish them, so I do bring myself to finish them.  But this book kept my attention and a lot of these new authors out there have and that pleasantly surprises me, and this book was no exception to this fact. So that being said. I loved this book!  Rush has created a wonderfully interesting world and characters that are so fascinating, you can't help but fall in love with them. Each character has a depth that you don't find very often and you will fall in love with them.  This book is so exciting and left this reader satsified in the end but still wanting more.  Rush's next book Awaited is on my TBR list!!!  Check this book out you won't be disappointed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment