Thursday, June 21, 2012

Crimson Shadow: Noir






Xander Stryker wants to die. Ever since witnessing his mother's murder at the hands of his abusive stepfather when he was a boy, he has spent every day trying to reach that goal. But every night he's denied the death he craves. When his eighteenth birthday approaches,an unforeseen chance for change is offered when his life is plunged into chaos and he's dragged into a supernatural world of vampires and other creatures of darkness. Caught in the depths of this new reality, mysteries of hissupernatural lineage begin to unravel and Xander is given the ultimate choice: Continue on with his wretched life or begin a new one as the vampire he was always meant to be. Unfortunately, the supernatural world can be just as unforgiving and brutal as any other and Xander's choice is met with disastrous consequences. Now, with the chaos of the new world pressing down on him, his past reemerges and once again threatens to crush him. Will Xander be able to use his new strength to conquer his fears, or will he succumb to his own bloody darkness...

...and allow it to finally destroy him.





I want to start out saying I rated this 3 stars because it really wasn’t my thing. But it had the makings of a good book and people will enjoy this, I just don’t. So this may very be a five star read for most people out there. Now that being said, I am going to say different is good, and this is a good book. It just didn’t grab me. However the graphic imagery was a nice change, so many people are tending to shy away from graphic scenes in most main stream fiction. Xander’s story is filled with pain and emotion and end the end growth all the great things for a book. Nice fight scenes. Why wasn’t this book for me? Can’t really say, but it didn’t grab me at this point in time. I was waiting for something to grab my love, but it just did not happen. It could be because I am vampire burned out (which I don’t think is possible I have studied vampire lore for years on my own time) But it just wasn’t my read. The issues that Xander faces affect people every day in the real world. And I would suggest giving it a try, but it is dark and not for the faint of heart. This is one of those that you hit or miss… and it could be one that in 2 years I will go back and read again and love (which has happened with more than one book) but for the time being, though it is perfectly written it was just not my cuppa tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment