Wednesday, August 22, 2012

SEC4RETS BY A.L. BURGOS REVIEW





Sec4rets by A.L. Burgos

Review

I will give this 4 out of 5 starsI loved this book. I normally do not read this type of book, teenage drama was never my thing. I went through enough of it as a teenager. But I loved this book! I wanted more, there were the characters you loved, the characters you loved to hate... those you just plain hated... those you related to... I won't go into much detail because people should read this book, it deals with a lot of real issues. It is a quick read, I read it in just a day. I loved some of the characters and hated others. I had my ideas about who it was that knew the secrets. It was a fast paced book that kept you on the edge of your seat, leaving you wanting more, and leaving you loving and hating the characters. I would recommend it for older teens and young adults, there is some language to it, but what teen doesn't say a cuss word now and then. Now why did it get 4 and not five if I loved it so much? There were parts where I had to go back and reread just make sure that I knew what was going on. Within chapters you transition from one character to another, and there is no space no clear transition. The other thing though I love dialogue, it seemed there were some parts that needed more, there could have been more details of a scene or the facial expressions of the characters. There is so much you can get from dialogue but sometimes the dialogue needs a little help. There were some other little details that didn't really make to much sense but they are forgivable. I am very excited to know there is a book two because I so want more of these characters. So if you want teen drama you have found it with this book. It is an edge of your seat roller-coaster ride of drama and breathtaking moments that create characters you will love to hate, and hate to love. A great first novel from A.L. Burgos!

No comments:

Post a Comment