Friday, September 8, 2017

Transformation: Flash Fiction

Transformation
All Rights Reserved


I look into my mirror. I smile; it is old, centuries old, and mine. I touch up my lipstick, after all, I am about to assert my mask I have created to the masses. My transformation was not an easy one. I came from a lower life form upon this space station, called Earth III, to a twenty-seven-year-old Queen. Well, a queen in my own right. There is not much I can't obtain now in this new life. From the cleanest of water to actual plants that are so rare, to the rarest of processions, such as my prize horse, Silver Speed. I am due at the studio soon, an interview about my life and how I made it from nothing to everything. I smirk as I snapped my compact mirror shut and take a deep breath. It had nothing to do with the distribution of my books and my music, but due to the last diamond from Earth resting upon my knuckle. As I said my transformation wasn't easy, with the cost of saying yes, because now after ten years I am finally a widow. The year is 2563 and the fifth revolution for equality ended with hemlock upon one man's lips and one woman's sacrificed innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment